eLearning Sound effects, such as button clicks and correct/incorrect responses, can dramatically increase user engagement and interactivity in courses. In this blog, we’ll show you how to add sound effects to some of the most popular eLearning authoring tools!
…or you can purchase eLearning sound effects individually at Soundsmack.com.
Adding eLearning Sound Effects to a Articulate Storyline
To add a sound effect to a button click in Storyline, use a Play media trigger. Here’s how:
- Click the Create a new trigger icon (looks like a blank piece of paper) in the Triggers panel.
- Assign the following properties to the trigger:
- Action: Play media
- Media: Select Sound from file, and then browse to the audio file you want to use.
- When: User clicks
- Object: Select the name of your button.
- Click OK.
Adding Sound Effects to a PowerPoint animation
- Click on the slide that you want to add the sound effect
- Click the Animations tab, click the Animations group, then click Custom Animation
- In the Custom Animation task pane, click the arrow right of the animation effect, then click Effect Options.
- On the Effect tab, click the arrow in the sound list (under enhancements)
- Click Other Sound and locate the sound file you wish to add.
Adding Sound Effects to Adobe Captivate
- Select the slide or object to which you want to add audio.
- In the Property Inspector (Window > Properties), click Add Audio in the Audio area.
- In the Slide Audio dialog box, click Import. …
- Browse to the audio file you want to add, select the file, and click Open.
- When finished, click Save.
Sound Effects Quality
Sound effects are only meant to enhance your projects, right? So why should you risk paying for a low-quality sound that could actually hurt the overall presentation of your hard work? Let’s face it; saying that all sound effect websites are of equal quality is like saying that all tattoos look good. Some are made by professionals, while others…yeah, not so much.
Soundsmack.com is a massive library of studio-produced Sound Effects and Production Music. Our work has been featured on WWE, UFC, Showtime, NBC, MTV, Comedy Central, Bravo, Starbucks, and other tv shows, commercials and films!
The key words here are STUDIO-PRODUCED!
Other sites boast catalogs with hundreds of thousands of sounds, but the vast majority of those sounds are uploaded by contributors using iPhones or other unprofessional equipment. That means that you need to sift through hundreds of “toilets flushing” before finding one of remotely decent quality.
At Soundsmack, we are professional sound designers and recording engineers working on movies, cartoons, TV shows and albums. This is what we do! So while you won’t find the millions of sounds that other sites boast, you WILL find the highest quality sounds on the internet…the very same sounds in fact that we’ve created for countless films, cartoons, tv shows, and more!
Soundsmack.com! Quality. Period.
Sound Effects – $2
Bumpers & Stingers – $10
Royalty free Production Music – $20